Friday 7 November 2014

Silver Arts Award Challenge Plan

Challenge Plan


My Silver Arts Award Challenge is to design, create and print a Manga Comic. I chose this challenge because Anime and Manga is a current interest of mine.  I wanted to stretch my drawing skills and enhance my knowledge within this area and learn what it takes to illustrate a comic.


I will be working with artist Amy Lowman in 1.5 hours sessions on a weekly basis.


I plan to learn new skills during the challenge including how to use the Adobe Photoshop software; new drawing techniques, scripting, character development and storyboarding.


I already have drawing skills and knowledge of Anime. Coming up with ideas should be easy. However, spelling and writer's block might be a problem but I hope to overcome these issues. I should also like to work on getting proportions of my drawings better.


Targets/How to Proceed  


Each bullet point represents part of the challenge I aim to achieve each week. Some sessions may be repeated to allow for extra time.


  • practice anime drawing and set challenge plan
  • research and inspiration; come up with main characters and a basic storyline
  • character development ; clothing, style and personality.
  • drawing final designs of characters
  • using photoshop to colour characters
  • using photoshop to colour characters
  • naming the comic/font.
  • Background ideas including storyline scenes and other characters
  • Kawaii Doodles
  • Comic Cover
  • Arts Event Trip & Review
  • Scripting work
  • Story Boarding
  • Illustrating Scenes
  • Photoshopping scenes
  • Bring it all together and send to Printer
  • Get finished comic reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment