Wednesday 21 January 2015

Comic Background Creation

A week later and another session with Ami. We're on a roll. For those of you who don't know, I am home educated and if it weren't for home education, I probably wouldn't be following this opportunity at all.
Middle of the day, working with a local Artist. I get to wear what I want and we listen to music whilst we're working - that wouldn't happen in school!!! For me, feeling relaxed and not under pressure is a better way of working.

Today was all about starting background creation. I decided that I would like to have a Japanese Kawaii doodle type background and for it to reflect each of the characters.

Each character has their own Kawaii doodle background and then the main comic background I wanted to merge all of the individual character backgrounds. Are you with me?

Basically, I spent my time doodling.

Here I am Doodling! 

Back on to photoshop to scan my doodles in, colour them and create a repeating background pattern.

I really enjoyed doodling and colouring in, that was an easy and relaxing part of the session. I like doodling in general so yeah that was fun. New skills came from using photoshop as I learned to blend and repeat for the pattern.

Everything went to plan. Really happy with my doodles and happy that I learned some new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment