Saturday 7 November 2015

Arts Leadership Plan

I have three students confirmed to attend my workshop so I've been working on a project plan so that it will run smoothly. The idea is that I show them now to create their very own Manga character.


Workshop Plan


Equipment


  • Camera
  • Computer (with Photoshop)
  • Comics
  • Example manga's and anime's to help students with ideas
  • Pencils, pens, erasers
  • Rulers
  • Paper
  • Printer (for scanning and printing)
  • Sharpie Markers


Itinerary


  • Introduction. Start workshop by sitting down and talking through what I have been doing and learning during the comic making process.


  • Give students a copy of my comic and hand out some of my manga and anime drawings to help give them inspiration.


  • Talk about inspiration from the moment I thought up the characters and show them my portfolio.


  • Demonstrate some techniques on how to draw characters.


  • Ask them to make a mind map and create/draw a character of their own.


  • When finished demonstrate how to trace over them in a nice black pen.


  • Demonstrate how to scan them into computer for digital colouring


  • Show them Photoshop software and tools and how to use them. Everyone can complete their characters and print out.


  • Questions and Answers


  • Ask students to complete feedback forms

Planning ahead/Contingency


There are of course many things that could go wrong in the workshop. Here are some potential problems and how I might deal with them should they arise.


Students
In the event that everyone finishes drawing their characters in pencil at the same time here are some activities to do in the meantime.


  • Draw kawaii doodles
  • Read my manga’s
  • Put an anime on
  • Listen to some anime intro’s or japanese songs
  • Practice drawing your character or try making a new one


Equipment


There is always potential for computer equipment to breakdown. Hardware, Software, Internet issues. Also, one of the children could get frustrated with their drawing, they might get upset that it didn’t go to plan or they may just get a bit bored and become disruptive.      
      
If such happens here are some ways to solve it:


  • Get my brother to fix the computer


  • Use an alternative computer (I have the use of my dad's mac which has Photoshop)


  • Help the kids draw and fix what they don’t like


  • Try keeping them engaged in the workshop and keep it nice and fun


  • Keep them doing something interesting

Forgetting



I may forget what to say or what to do next, I may stutter and lose what I am saying or I could just get distracted by something and get off subject
      
If I do I can always:


  • Look at my workshop plan


  • apologize and try again


  • ask Ami what I should do next


  • I can move on to something else then come back to it later


No comments:

Post a Comment