Friday 27 November 2015

Arts Leadership Workshop 1

OK so I ran my first workshop ever today as part of my Arts Award. I survived!

Table of Equipment and Resources

Me before they arrived


Starting out, introduction to the workshop



Interested student!

Me explaining and showing them my work


Helping and teaching
 
Student Drawing

Mid workshop, more teaching and biscuits!

Positives


Everyone seemed to enjoy it. They all said they really enjoyed the drawing part of the workshop. The kids seemed keen to learn and did as I instructed them to. They all completed the tasks nicely so we could move on to the next task. With just 3 kids to teach it wasn't too noisy and they sat there patiently which was very good. They all gave good and bad feedback to the workshop and they made some great characters following my instruction. They were very good throughout the workshop in general.

Writing Feedback for me



Negatives


The workshop didn't go exactly according to plan at all really. First we all sat down and I immediately didn't have a clue what to say and I just rather awkwardly said hello. I had to keep looking over at Ami for help and looking at the book for guidance. I didn't really get into the flow of speaking either, people kept talking over me or asking me things while I was trying to tell them something.


Another big problem was, there was only me and Ami so I had to go back and forth between 2 kids while she dealt with one which was hard enough.


This was my first workshop so a big learning curve for me. Flexibility and adaptability are going to be necessary to move forward with the workshops and to counter the negatives I have decided to carry out single tutoring sessions for the next phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment