Thursday 7 January 2016

Final Workshop Plan

Now the individual sessions are complete I have to plan for the final workshop for my students to finish their characters. This is going to be yet another workshop where all the students are here together but having learned from workshop 1 I have a plan to make it more efficient. This time around although the plan is similar to Workshop 1, I am going to ask my students to arrive at different times so that I can still focus on one of them before the next one is ready. Ami will be in attendance to be my assistant again!

Workshop Plan

Equipment


  • Computer (with Photoshop)
  • Colour schemes
  • Printer (for scanning and printing)
  • The outlined drawings

Itinerary


  • Demonstrate how to use Photoshop


  • Scan in the drawings


  • Help 1 child at a time to complete and colour their character


  • Save the finished work then send them to each child

Planning ahead


There are of course many things that could go wrong in the workshop. Here are some potential problems and how I might deal with them should they arise.


Equipment


There is always potential for computer equipment to breakdown. Hardware, Software, Internet issues. Also, one of the children could get frustrated with their drawing, they might get upset that it didn’t go to plan or they may just get a bit bored and become disruptive.      
      
If such happens here are some ways to solve it:


  • Get my brother to fix the computer


  • Use an alternative computer (I have the use of my dad's mac which has Photoshop)


  • Help the kids colour and fix what they don’t like


  • Try keeping them engaged in the workshop and keep it nice and fun


  • Keep them doing something interesting

Forgetting


I may forget what to say or what to do next, I may stutter and lose what I am saying or I could just get distracted by something and get off subject
      
If I do I can always:

  • Look at my workshop plan


  • apologize and try again


  • ask Ami what I should do next

  • I can move on to something else then come back to it later

No comments:

Post a Comment