Tuesday 15 December 2015

One to One Session Amber

At just 8 years old, Amber is the youngest of my students. She also happens to be my sister! Perhaps this is an extra challenge for me when teaching one of my siblings.

Amber, like me is a very keen artist. Drawing characters is not new for her at all. She spends much of her time drawing various girls and Monster High Characters. This time around she created an Ice Queen who wears Polar Bear Slippers and likes ice-cream and hot chocolate. 

We undertook this workshop from the sofa! 




Positives


Followed my instructions well. Seemed very focused on her tasks. Although Amber is the youngest of my students, her character is definitely the most elaborately drawn and was probably the hardest to outline. However, she did very well to complete it.



Negatives


Didn't seem to enjoy it. Needed some help completing some of the tasks. Was rather slow and took a few attempts to fully complete the tasks.

Here's what Amber had to say:

"I liked to outline my drawing because I liked using the pen. I didn't like rubbing out the pencil because it takes ages!"

No comments:

Post a Comment